MUNICIPALITY OF NAGA
Initially, Naga was declared by the late President Manuel L. Quezon as a municipality of Margosatubig way back in 1923 with Jose Savillo, Sr. as its first Municipal President. Amidst continuous population migration to the area of Kabasalan particularly to the site of Goodyear Rubber Corporation (which was known then as the people’s place of work), Gregorio Cainglet, the first elected Alcalde of Naga transferred the seat of government to a mere barrio in 1936.
The year 1965 was a memorable year for Naga as it was finally created into a municipality by virtue of Executive Order No. 97 issued by then President Diosdado Macapagal.
However the existence was short-lived for it was officially dissolved in 1966 by virtue of an injunction filed by then Vice President Emmanuel Pelaez.
Finally, Naga officially became a full fledge municipality on May 18, 1967 by virtue of Republic Act No. 4875 sponsored by the late Congressman Vincenzo Sagun of Zamboanga del Sur.
Naga has then progressed into the municipality that it is now today. It is the seat of the Philippine Pioneer Rubber Product Corporation, a rubber processing plant.
It is 14 kilometers from the heart of Ipil with a Acommercial and trade activities centered at the heart of Barangay Poblacion. Families coming from the locality who would like to have a picnic could go to Gubawang Beach that promises a relaxing adventure with its cool and clear waters.